As a mom of three, I make A LOT of chicken nuggets. Kids never tire of the chicken nugget. The best are the Tyson Chicken Fries! Even I am sad to not steal a hot tasty morsel here and there of those. I admit I am tired of making them. However, after years of keto, I’ll tell you one thing I occasionally miss myself are chicken nuggets!
If you miss some good ole deep fried country cookin’, I’m here to help. Keto fried chicken is really really easy.
- 2 Chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- Approximately 1/2 large bag of pork rinds (at least 6 oz)
- 2 tablespoon Ranch seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Egg
- Oil for frying – butter, bacon grease, lard… whatever you prefer.
- Rinse and dice chicken breast.
- In a large bowl, beat an egg.
- Add chicken, flour, ranch seasoning, salt and pepper into bowl with egg. Stir until chicken well coated.
- In a food processor, grind up pork rinds.
- Mix pork rinds and chicken mixture until well coated.
- Heat pan of oil on medium heat.
- Once the grease is hot, add chicken. Make sure enough room around the chicken for crust to brown.
- Fry about 10 minutes uncovered.
- Cover and cook approximate 10 more minutes.
- Use whatever flour you like. My oldest has a nut allergy or I may use some almond flour and psyllium husk instead.
- A mixture of grease is pretty tasty. In the picture below, there is canola oil, bacon grease and butter.
- Delicious flavored pork rinds can add some extra flare.
- Can make a quick gravy with leftover oil, heavy whipping cream and xanthan gum.
- Pairs nicely with mashed cauliflower and green beans.